My inky travels along life's rocky road

Sunday 11 March 2012

UKS ATC Swap March 2012

This month's ATC swap on UK Stampers is organised by Vonny and the theme is 'freedom'. I thought of the suffragette movement and Emmeline Pankhurst and managed to find a suitable image online. I'm making an effort to revisit old techniques/fads so I decided to use a slide mount. I used a template to draw the slide mount, coloured it with broken china DI and ran it through a CB embossing folder. I ran a brayer with brushed corduroy over the embossing to highlight the raised edges and attached the image. For the BG I made a mask from TH's flourish die and used the die cut and the waste with the same DIs. I also used a PA text stamp in Stazon stone grey. I attached the text with some staples (another item I haven't used in a while).

3 comments:

  1. Great interpretation of the theme! Love the freedom fighter banner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a different take on the script, great idea and a great card.

    Thanks so much for your comment.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...