My inky travels along life's rocky road

Friday 9 March 2012

UKS Postcard Swap March

Sam who is organising the postcard swap on UK Stampers gave us a theme of 'windows' this month. This postcard is the result of inspiration from 2 sources. Firstly Cardcraft on UKS had posted a canvas that had very striking eyes on it and this reminded me that I hadn't used this Hampton Arts stamp (butterfly eye) for a long time. Secondly Rustycage on UKS had created a beautiful vividly coloured postcard for the swap and that made me think that I hadn't used any bright colours for a while. It hasn't come out exactly as I had imagined but those eyes do give me the creeps!
First I stamped the image and masked it. Then I dabbed various blue DIs over the card and stamped Impression Obsession's geologic in Impress cerulean blue. The BG also has a PA text stamp that says 'do not look inside' but unfortunately it doesn't show up very well. The butterfly was coloured with coloursoft pencils and I painted iridescent medium over the wings for a soft sheen. The border is made up of a Penny Black flourish and a Studio G flourish and I have added dots with a white Posca pen. The text is computer generated - I love this Dymo font.

3 comments:

  1. What a striking and rather unsettling postcard! (I agree, those eyes are a little unnerving but so effective.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Scrapmate, i'm glad to see you every week in my blog, thank you for your comment:D
    Ooooh Scrap., it's a really striking design, very poweful!the inking is great, great idea the Dimo words perfect for this design.Well done.
    A warm hug from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so clever and beautiful.love the way you used the sentiemnt

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...