My inky travels along life's rocky road

Wednesday 23 May 2012

UKS Twinchie Swap June 2012


I'm trying to get ahead with my swaps and when Stitcharama-girl proposed a 3 twinchie swap entitled little red heart I had an idea of what I wanted to do. I made a background of scraps of Crafty Individuals background papers. I love these papers and this technique is perfect for tiny scraps. I was shown this technique by Paula Pascual who now designs for Sizzix. I stamped on some scraps of patterned paper and some plain card in a co-ordinating colour & then cut all the scraps to make sure they all had 90 degree corners. I ran a glue stick over a piece of card and stuck the pieces on randomly but making sure that each piece butted up against the previous one. When the card was covered I ran it through the Cuttlebug with the Madison embossing folder. I highlighted the embossing with shabby shutters DI, used frayed burlap for the edges and used my gold Krylon to make a few splatters. I stamped the Crafty Individual house with sepia Archival ink and coloured the windows. I cut a heart using a nesties die and added glossy accents. The text was stamped with my rotary stamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...