My inky travels along life's rocky road

Thursday 27 September 2012

Katzelkraft revisited


I have been busy on other aspects of life and have not had any time to blog recently. The new school year has started but I have no child at school any longer so it has somewhat passed me by. The Katzelkraft forum is another thing I have neglected but they have got a wonderfully smart new-look forum and are gearing up for their 10 weeks before Christmas which I hope to participate in again. It also gives me a chance to brush up on my rusty French. This week's card of the week challenge is an autumn card but with the added extra of no brown or yellow. Yikes it was hard as I tend to use my autumn leaves Kaleidacolour ink pad for these projects. Anyway I decided on a CAS card with peeled paint and bundled sage DI as a BG which I spritzed with a homemade gold spray to give a shimmer. The main image is a Hero Arts stamp, the text is by Simple Expressions and the flourish is by Katzelkraft all in Versafine habanero ink.
However having got the Kaleidacolour pad in my mind I had to make this as well:

I love the effect of this ink pad and leaf stamps (by Simple Expressions). Hopefully I'll be able to participate more frequently now.

2 comments:

  1. Hi There:0) Two lovely cards, how on earth are you supposed to make an Autumn themed card with no brown or yellow? Woah!! Now that is a challenge LOL Well done you, you managed very well :0) Gay x
    p.s super leaf stamps :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did an amazing Autumnal job with no browns and yellows! The green and pink are the colours some leaves turn before they go for gold...so well done you! Your multi-leaf card is wonderful...love the stamps...love the pad...another add on to my wish list! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...