My inky travels along life's rocky road

Sunday 4 November 2012

KTZ Christmas Challenge S3/C1


For this card we had to use a page from a book or a sheet of music. I punched a snowman out of an old book that I picked up for sale at my local library. It took me many years to pluck up the courage to rip up a book but this edition of 'The Count of Monte Cristo' was half dead anyway so it seemed ok. I sponged some Brilliance starlite black which is a nice grey shade around the edge of the snowman for definition. The BG is the same Brilliance ink and tumbled glass DI. The frame is a Spellbinder die that I picked up in The States last year in the bargain bin ($5 I think) and although I've used the inner frame I don't think I've used this one before. I sponged tumbled glass through the die to highlight the embossing.

1 comment:

  1. I'm actually reading the Count of Monte Cristo so what a coincidence! It is a good story but Dumas was much too much a garrulous writer :)
    Love the way the snowman stands out from the background, this is a grand card.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...