My inky travels along life's rocky road

Sunday 26 January 2014

Blackpool Album


I've not been blogging much recently because I've been busy making up a (long overdue) small album of a short break we took last May. We went to Blackpool to see the British Ballroom and Latin American Dance Championships. Last year I decided to make small albums of some of our trips as a way of remembering them. The idea was to pick a few photographs that summarised what we did rather than a detailed account. I started last year with our trip to Istanbul in April for which I used an 8x8 album. I had been meaning to make a minibook of our Blackpool and Lake District trip and finally managed to make a start on it last week. I had a small (@A5 sized) album from TK Maxx which I had picked up for £1. It was a bit beaten up but I thought it might be useful for something. Having finally got some pics printed I decided to use the album for this trip.
I'm not going to bore you with all the pages but here are a few to give you an idea:

Views of the Lake District
 
The Tower Ballroom
 
 
The ballroom final heats at the Winter Gardens 
 
 
Just jiving
 
 
John Ditchfield's glass studio and some of his work
 
 
These are just albums for us to open up and look through from time to time to remind us of fun trips. I try to keep them fairly simple and let the pics and the small amounts of journaling tell the story.
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Nice way to present a selection of photos rather than going the whole scrapbooking hog - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your album looks great and I am so impressed you got to go to the Tower Ballroom! Fab photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super albums!

    I replied to your post on UKS about kits and popped here to say the kits I make for my crop are for dale on my blog if it's any help to you.
    Sue x
    http://miniowner.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is my idea of an ideal album! Somehow missed this post. This is a lovely idea and a wonderful reminder.

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...