My inky travels along life's rocky road

Wednesday 15 January 2014

Craft Barn Dictionary Challenge - Cover


I finally managed to cover my dictionary. I decided to keep it simple using some textured handmade paper that I have had for a while. I didn't want too many 'bits' on the covers as I want to keep this on my book shelf and have a flick through from time to time.
I randomly stamped the Tim Holtz carte postale stamp and parts of his diamond mosaic stamp in Archival grape. I added some red pepper postmarks from a B-Line Design cube and brushed all the edges with Versafine imperial purple. The alphas are some that I bought from Poundland a while back.
I made an index for the inside front and added a title on the facing page which I diecut with a Sizzix die.

9 comments:

  1. it was a great challenge, love your cover and I am sure you will enjoy flipping through the pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant cover and what a fab idea to do an index page! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cover, love those marbled colours on the inside pages. Good idea to type up an index too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is so feminine and sweet! And you made the index, too! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a very interesting project and a great start with this fab cover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's beautiful - love your Chinese card below as well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cover and index page for your Alpha Challenge dictionary, mine is still on my desk waiting for some attention!

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...