My inky travels along life's rocky road

Monday 6 January 2014

Resolutions

I sometimes visit the craft section on the MoneySaving Expert forum and currently we are all trying to set targets of items we have to make using our existing supplies before we can spend on any other craft items. I have failed miserably (I just can't resist a bargain) but am still determined to use some of the things that have been languishing unseen for a long time. One of the suggestions was when using a sticker sheet for a particular project to use up the rest of the sheet straight away and this came to mind the other day when I found a whole sheet of Penny Black Stickeroos. The reason why I bought them is forgotten in the mists of time but having bought them many years ago I had not used a single one. I made a start with one of the stickers and came up with this:

 
It was loosely based on this card . I matted the sticker onto kraft card and used some scraps from a Crafty Individuals paper pad.
Next was this:

 
I matted the sticker on black card and added some Crafty Individuals paper and some punched shapes.
 
Then:
 

matted onto kraft card with a Katzelkraft stamped background.
Lastly this:

 
matted onto black card with a Papermania doily diecut and some Crafty Individuals paper.
I even used the last few bits to make some small tags:

 
although I think the page pebbles were perhaps a step too far. They were found in a ribbon drawer and have become yellow with age which is quite disappointing when you consider that they are a scrapbooking product.
So in the end all that I was left with was this:

 
which is going in the bin!





9 comments:

  1. Well done you using it all up! Must admit its a resolution of mine too, too many half used bits lying about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of old stash !! Need to do a lot of this methinks !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards and tags, those stickers are gorgeous. Each year I intend to use up the forgotten craft items in my cupboards but never do, well done on using up those stickers.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh I used to go on MSE crafty thread all the time but not been on for years, well done on creating so many lovely cards and using up old stash

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for using up stash! Lovely cards too.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always feel great ( and justified in buying new) when i use up old stash :) Fab Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I'm signed up to the MSE crafty thread too! Some fabulous makes Rukhshana and now I bet you feel good that you have finally used up that sheet of stickers!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely set of cards, I love how ethereal they are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on the using up and loving the look of these cards - beautiful

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...