My inky travels along life's rocky road

Monday 9 June 2014

UK Stampers Postcard Swap - June


This month's postcard for the swap hosted by Sam on UK Stampers has to have circles and stars. By coincidence I had just ordered a star stencil by Memory Box so of course I had to use it. I sponged the background with orchid Fresco paint (it's a discontinued colour and one of only 2 Fresco paints I have) and then used purple Ferro paste through the stencil. When dry I drew around the larger stars with a white Uniball and a black Pigma micron pen and circled around a few smaller stars. The quote is a stamp I bought years ago in The States for a dollar. I stamped it on a scrap piece of card and covered it with a Wink of Stella pen. I've seen this used by quite a few people online and have wanted to try it out so when I saw it at the Craft Barn Extravaganza on Saturday, I picked it up. I'm quite pleased with the slight shimmer it gives and it's very user-friendly. I edged the postcard with seedless preserves Distress Ink.

4 comments:

  1. Love that colour and the stars are perfect. Did you enjoy yourself at the Craft Barn? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes thank you, unfortunately I got called out after a short time so I didn't manage to spend as much time as I wanted watching the demos and chatting with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous postcard! Love the colours and that quote is awesome! What a fabulous stamp to find - I will be keeping my eyes open incase it ever turns up somewhere again, I just love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! It's by a company called Limited Edition from Long Island, New York. It's item number LF 7584 Chaos. It was bought many years ago and is probably discontinued. If you like I could always stamp you a few on white card and send them to you.

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...