My inky travels along life's rocky road

Friday 30 January 2015

Craft Barn Calendar Challenge 2015


This year's Craft Barn Challenge is going to consist of 2 separate challenges. The first is a 2016 calendar challenge which will run every month for 2 weeks. Every month 2 words will be given which will have to be incorporated into the calendar page. This month's words are aqua and snowflake. The second challenge will be revealed next month.
I decided to make a portrait orientated calendar 12 x 18cm. I usually have a year to a page calendar on the wall by my desk and also a separate calendar for the current month next to it. For this reason my calendar pages will not be bound until after the year has ended. I used a Marianne snowflake die set to cut some masks which I sprayed a blue shimmer spray over. I know it's not really what I would call aqua but it was the closest I could get. I edged the page with a Gelato that I felt was a better representation of the colour aqua.I then used white acrylic paint and a speckle stamp to add a little more 'snow'. While this was still wet I sprinkled Glamour Dust over. The houses are a Tim Holtz die brushed with spiced marmalade, ripe persimmon and festive berries DIs to give an ombré effect. The bird bringing in the New Year is from a KTZ set.
I hope to visit all the entries and see how many of my Quotes & Lyrics buddies are joining in this year.

11 comments:

  1. Great first page - love the bird trailing the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you've joined the band... Your first page is great, love the little houses

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of this page. Great idea with the snowflake masks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The houses look great and I love the birding welcoming in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page, I love the background! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful background - I love the bird with the banner. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog too - you have made me realise that I want to add a bit more to my first pages - thank you so much! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm Very late to the party, but I'm very glad I didn't miss the start to your calendar. Your background is fabulous and the houses are awesome :o))

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful calendar, love it all.

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...