My inky travels along life's rocky road

Sunday 19 April 2015

New Stuff!


Way back in December last year, I was lucky enough to be picked as a winner on Jennifer McGuire's blog. My prize was a $100 gift card to spend at Simon Says Stamp. It was a wonderful surprise and a great gift that arrived just before Christmas. Ever since then I have been looking at the website trying to decide what to buy. The choice has been overwhelming and several times I have been frustrated by the fact that items I want have been out of stock. When they came back into stock something else on my wish list went out of stock and so it continued until finally a few weeks ago I decided that I would have to place an order regardless of what was in or out of stock. The fixed shipping charge was a hefty $24.99 so I had $75 to spend. I bought some sentiment stamps and some dies which I'm sure you'll see in the coming months.
This is a card for a teenage friend using the sending and wishing die and sentiments stamp set from Simon Says Stamp. The background is made with emerald green, terracotta, yellow & moss green Brushos. I spritzed some watercolour paper and then sprinkled on the Brushos and spritzed some more. This was the result:


As it was very wet I rubbed a spare piece of card over the top to pick up some of the excess. The result was the background you see on the card at the top. The colours are so different that I still can't quite believe that both pieces came from the same paints.
I stamped the wishing sentiment onto the background in black and added the wishing die cut slightly offset over the top. It gives a shadow effect and adds some depth to the sentiment. The piece was mounted onto dark grey pearlescent card and then onto a pale grey card blank.
I'm sure the original piece will also find its way onto a card or page very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...