My inky travels along life's rocky road

Tuesday 7 April 2015

UK Stampers Postcard Swap - April


There is something I find quite surreal about this, this being the postcard for April's swap on UK Stampers. The theme is eggs and a trawl through my stamps revealed no egg stamps at all. I finally remembered I had a small oval punch so I used that as the basis for this postcard. I punched 3 out in a duck egg blue and gave each one some speckles. My background was meant to be yellow, orange, red and blue but an enormous blob of red got squirted out and swamped the other colours to produce the background you see. I needed a nest for my eggs so hand cut one out and added some texture stamps (yes I know it looks like a bowl but work with me on this). The curly frond/branch/thingy is a Katzelkraft stamp and I added a bird cut from book pages. Now I realise that it would be quite a feat for this little bird to push out 3 of those eggs but just imagine that she is watching over the birds from a distance and therefore looks much smaller than she actually is. The eyes are by Hampton Arts and the crackle stamp by Kaisercraft.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...