My inky travels along life's rocky road

Friday 15 May 2015

A Dose of the Sweet Stuff!


It's not very often I succumb to making a cute card but I couldn't resist this one. As part of my haul from Simon Says Stamp I bought a Hero Arts elephant die and stamp set. I figured it would be useful for new baby cards or even very small kid's birthday cards. It comes with 2 stamps to give the elephant 2 different patterns - a newsprint and the gingham that you see above in pink. I wanted an anniversary card for some friends and wondered whether I could make a mirror image elephant so that their trunks would appear to be touching. The die is easy enough - you just turn the die cut over but I couldn't do that to the stamp so I used an old Elusive Images texture stamp to create the elephant in blue. The background is made of some stitched landscape dies and DIs. I used punches for the flowers and tiny hearts (I have some corner punches that punch out very small motifs that are perfect for this).

1 comment:

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...