My inky travels along life's rocky road

Friday 14 August 2015

Craft Barn Weekly Challenge


This weeks challenge on the Craft Barn blog is to use pens. I used my Clearly Besotted poppy stamps with my Whispers pens to give a faux watercolour effect. The sentiment is from the same set. The frame is from an old set of foam mounted stamps that I bought on holiday in Florida when I first started stamping. It had been pushed to the back of one of my stamp drawers and when I found it the rubber had perished and was starting to crack. I stamped it one last time before it crumbled and had to be thrown away. I liked the imperfect print and added some bright colours to highlight the swirls.

4 comments:

  1. One of my favourite techniques with stamps! Great watercolour look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the soft effect of this technique, which I don't use very often, but it is very effective. Very pretty colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this looks amazing! Lovely use of pens. Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card. I love the softness of the watercolour technique.

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...