My inky travels along life's rocky road

Tuesday 12 July 2016

Layering Stamps



There is a current trend for layering stamps and having a weakness for anything floral I fell in love with a set of  stamps by Altenew called Beautiful Day. There are lots of beautiful samples online but trying to achieve that look is not as easy as it looks - it takes practice and perseverance to align the stamps correctly. I was having a play and was quite pleased with the results so I cut the practice piece into 2 and turned them into cards. The flowers are stamped with wild honey, spiced marmalade and barn door DIs and outlined with Impress poppy red. The leaves are Versafine spanish moss and olympia green. Using DIs meant that I could spritz the flowers with water so that the colours mixed a little and gave a sort of watercoloured effect. After cutting the piece into 2 I ran it through my ribbler to corrugate it. I haven't used this little gadget for years and I'd forgotten what a great effect it gives. The sentiment is from a Paula Pascual set.

2 comments:

  1. Fab card, that alignment is certainly not easy to perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this is gorgeous! Love the idea of using Distress Inks so the flower can be spritzed - I may 'borrow' that idea if you don't mind! The ribbling looks fab too, I am sure I have one buried away somewhere! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...