My inky travels along life's rocky road

Monday 16 January 2017

Craft Therapy


Some days you just have the urge to make something for the hell of it, just to lose yourself in thinking about something other than that thought that is uppermost in your mind. Yesterday was such a day. Our day started with some very dramatic events that I won't go into here but at the end of the day no one was hurt. I wanted to make something to unwind and I spotted a freebie coaster sitting on my desk waiting to have something done to it.
I found this quote online and it seemed to fit the bill. I covered the coaster with some text paper and then added ripe persimmon, cracked pistachio and salty ocean DIs. I wasn't too sure where I was going with this but added some gesso through TH scribbles layering stencil. The flower is cut from a Sizzix Lori Whitlock die and I added a brad and some sequins to finish the piece.

2 comments:

  1. Your coaster is beautiful! Lovely background for the gorgeous flower and a wonderful quote. I hope things improve and tomorrow is better! Take care. Hugs! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and hope you felt more settled after doing it Rukhshana !

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...