My inky travels along life's rocky road

Friday 3 March 2017

Pantone Card Challenge - March


This month's colour for the Pantone Card Challenge on the UK Scrappers forum is Primrose Yellow. The inspiration pic that went with it had a duvet cover with small blue and yellow birds which reminded me of my Dina Wakley Scribbly Birds set. I stamped a few birds out and coloured them in with my alcohol ink markers.
The background uses mustard seed, squeezed lemonade and spiced marmalade DIs and Impress lemon yellow. I used various stamps and stencils to build up the colours. The bird was cut out and stuck on and I added a sentiment from the same set.
This next card was made in a similar way:


I had embossed the pearlescent blue card blank for the first card but the embossing had cracked the card and it didn't look good so I used the unmarked half for the top card and used the cracked part as a matt on the second card. I rubbed some archival ink over the cracked embossing to cover the white card showing through.


1 comment:

  1. Both these are gorgeous! I love the colours and those super cute birds. xxx

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...