My inky travels along life's rocky road

Monday 17 April 2017

Another Poppy Stamp!!!


Can someone have too many poppy stamps? This is what I asked myself after I had gone against my self-imposed ban against buying any more stamps of what is probably my favourite flower. This is such a tiny (@7cm/3.5" square) stamp that perhaps it doesn't strictly count? Besides it also has daisies on it so its not totally a poppy stamp is it? It's made by Little Claire Designs and I loved it when I first saw it at Ally Pally. I did walk away from it once but I passed the stand again as I was leaving and it called to me so I had to have it.
I've been having a lot of fun colouring this in with my marker pens and have made various cards with it including a blue version.


The stitched square I have used with all of them is the largest of a set of frames I bought on Amazon. I was a bit hesitant to purchase this (and a set of perforated rectangles) as they were very cheap but the ones I've tried so far have all cut cleanly with my Cuttlebug. The top card also has a piece of paper embossed with a TH bubble wrap folder and a sentiment by Paula Pascual. The blue poppy card has a background made by stamping Indigo Blu's poppy stamp with Brilliance starlite black.


I have used a Wink of Stella pen over the flowers in this card which gives a subtle sheen.

 
 
This card was coloured with a darker shade of marker pen and the side-fold blank is embossed with Papermania's secret garden folder.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...