My inky travels along life's rocky road

Thursday 4 May 2017

UK Scrappers Mixed Media ATC Swap

It's been a while since I last posted but I finally have something to show you. It's becoming quite a year for ATCs - I have my monthly Alphabet ATC swap which will be coming to an end in October, then there is the Theme & Technique ATC swap that I started this year on the Rebel Stampers forum. Now I have decided to take part in a Mixed Media ATC swap on the UK Scrappers forum. I have been a member since 2007 (not an active participant until recently) but this is the first swap I have taken part in.
I decided to start with a masterboard with no clear idea in my head:


I tried to keep a record of what got me to this stage:
Gelato scribbles blended with water.
Gesso roughly smooshed on with a credit card.
Torn book strips pushed into the wet gesso.
When dry, stencils with pigment ink.
Brushos - violet, lime green, vermilion & gamboge, a sprinkle of gold embossing powder and heat.
Flower stencil with glimmer mist.
Then I added white acrylic circles with a stencil and a lid and some splatters:


When it was dry I cut some ATC sized pieces. Using gloss gel medium I stuck some thread onto each ATC blank (not too sure I like this but impossible to remove), sprinkled some glitter and made this:

 
The bird is one of Tim Holtz's crazy birds, coloured with marker pens and covered with Wink of Stella. The text was computer generated and I scribbled a border with a white pen.
And this:
 

The image and text are from a Dina Wakley set.
And this:


The bird is a Sizzix die and the text is computer generated.
I hope the recipients are pleased with them.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...