My inky travels along life's rocky road

Wednesday 4 October 2017

Rebel Stampers ATC Swap - Technique

This month's technique for the Rebel Stampers ATC swap is Colour Gradient or Ombré.

 
While trawling through Pinterest I have noticed some beautiful ink blends. There are several but the ones I was particularly drawn to were the DI ones by Tammy Tutterow. She calls them Beautiful Blends and has a whole series of them. This month's technique was the perfect excuse to have a go.
This combo is blueprint sketch, peacock feathers, tumbled glass and cracked pistachio. I used blending foam and an applicator and rubbed each colour along in a stripe from bottom to top. Then I went from top to bottom softening the lines where 2 colours met with the lower colour eg where blueprint sketch and peacock feathers met I used peacock feathers to soften the move to blueprint sketch. I loved the effect and instantly thought of sky and land. I spritzed some homemade gold shimmer spray for some texture and shine and randomly stamped some PA text in Brilliance platinum planet. The diecut is by Joy Crafts. I added some tiny silver punched butterflies and a Japanese calligraphy stamp.
As the above ATC used cool colours I decided to use hot colours for my next one.


I made this combo up - mustard seed, spiced marmalade, ripe persimmon and barn door. The stamp is an old Ink & Dog set from PA. I had originally stamped it with the colours the other way around (red at the top, yellow at the bottom) but decided it would look better with yellow at the top so I restamped it but cut the starfish from the first one. The script text - here, now is from a TH die set of travel words.
I love the ombré effect and am going to try out some different combinations soon.
 

2 comments:

  1. Fab arty stuff Rukhshana ! Keep up the great work !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh your ink blending on both these is fabulous! Gorgeous colours for both. The die cut looks cool on the first one and the stamping on the second one is beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...