My inky travels along life's rocky road

Wednesday 8 November 2017

Quick & Easy Christmas Cards



The weather has been dull and gloomy and so my pics are unfortunately even worse than usual but hopefully they will give you some ideas if you are struggling to complete handmade cards for everyone on your list. I used to send out a LOT of cards every year but a combination of factors including the proliferation of email, high postage costs and retirement mean that the number of cards I have to make has fallen. I like to make a few different types so I don't get bored but I try and keep them CAS (like me!) The small cards are 4" square, the tree is a standard A6 and the reindeer is somewhere in between (I had some envelopes I wanted to use up).
They are fairly self-explanatory but here's a quick description of each one starting in the top left-hand corner:
1. A Cuttlebug embossing folder with a strip of washi tape. The sentiment by Papermania is on a diecut rectangle (a hinged stamp positioner makes accurate stamping of the sentiment quick and easy).
2. A Tim Holtz die with Stickles dotted on for berries. The holly in the corners is a punch and the sentiment is one I had made many years ago.
3. The tree and the star are from the same die set as card no2. The sentiment is a very old Hero Arts one.
4. A Cuttlebug embossing folder with a Joy Crafts die. The sentiment is by Clearly Besotted. I've added a red nose from the waste from a small hole punch.
 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh some great ideas here! Love all of these cards. I still have quite a few to make so mine need to be quick and simple too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Scrapmate. I don't make many Christmas cards these days.

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...